Re: [dev] dwm taskbar config

From: Le Tian <tianeast_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:00:04 +0200

well what I need, is a sample of somebody's config, without exec dwm? cause
it is executed right after login by the system, I do not run "startx", I use
KDE login manager to start dwm, so .xinitrc with "exec dwm" is useless, am I
right?
I'm sorry guys, I'm just a user, and I can't write shell scripts neither do
I have any profound knowledge of it. What I know is that. after login when
dwm is started something should be put into either .xinitrc or .dwmrc(which
one should I use?). I already mentioned that when I "touch" .xinitrc file
with above mentioned strings I get empty screen, how should I do it
properly? README tells the same thing
 "like this in your .xinitrc:

    while true
    do
        xsetroot -name "`date` `uptime | sed 's/.*,//'`"
        sleep 1
    done &
    exec dwm"
I wish there would be a good howto about this stuff, so that regular users
could benefit from it. Sorry