Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 09:23:55 +0200

Ethan Grammatikidis dixit (2011-04-05, 02:11):

> On 4 Apr 2011, at 7:53 pm, Antoni Grzymala wrote:
> >
> > That's why I have the mod4-c shortcut – exactly for turning
> > opera-copied links into a shift-insert insertable selection.
>
> Ah, you have mod4-c run something which copies clipboard to selection?

Yep, as written two mails up in this subthread:

{ MODKEY, XK_c, spawn, SHCMD("xsel -b -o | xsel -i") },

> There's a little prog in p9p which automatically copies selection to
> clipboard or the other way around, I forget, but it got into a loop
> with some other program I needed.

I'm not sure I'd want to have that done automatically, I usually keep
track of both the clipboard and the selection in my mind and find that
quite useful.

> > Selection seems to have been treated as X legacy stuff, without ever
> > being given much though, unfortunately.
>
> s/Selection/Anything remotely interesting, useful, or flexible/

I suppose that's the ongoing punishment for the original sin of X
killing NeWS :).

--
[a]