Re: [dev] Sup and dmc

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:25:16 +0000

On 4/6/11, Hank D <hdonnay_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that mutt sucks, too.

True. It can be configured to suck even less, though. But I want a
minimalist alternative that's configured to suck less *at build time*.

> If the default for a text-based MUA is not to just display text,
> something's awry.

IMO, MUA should simply draw a list of messages to it's console, and
simply pipe message contents through mailcap, for opening in another
window, overwriting the message list or (if you're living in another
century than I am) forwarding to a line printer producing a hardcopy.

Mutt, on the other hand, sports a built in pager. Sucks.

> Not to mention the very outdated model of email it uses and the lack
> of support for multiple email accounts.

I thought that to be mostly a MTA problem. Note, though, that mutt
supports multiple 'mailboxes' (switching between them is usually bound
to 'c').

Really, how many MUAs out there let WMs control their windows? Claws?