[dev] DWM - Issue with nmaster under pertag

From: Novar Tum <novartum_AT_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
I am using dwm-5.8.2 with the pertag patch, and just applied the nmaster patch
(I manually added the code from nmaster-sym.c to dwm.c so that it would work
with pertag). The nmaster-sym.c patch states that it is for dwm-5.7.1, which I
don't know if plays a role in the following "glitch."
Here is a description of the problem:
If I am in tag 1 and open up three windows with the layout ntile, I have two in
master and one in stack by default (layout symbol shows "2]=" ). I then switch
to tag 2 and open up three windows with the layout nbstack and make it so that
there is only one window in master area (shows layout symbol "T1T" ). Now the
weird thing is that if I switch back to tag one, it now only has one window in
master (layout symbol is "1]=" ). So what is happening is that when I use
nmaster and change the layout in one tag (i.e. the number of windows in master
slot), it actually switches it to this configuration for all of the tags using
either ntile or nbstack (makes them all have the same number of windows in the
master stack as the current tag).
I hope that this makes sense, not sure how else to explain it. Please let me
know if you need any additional clarification. Does anyone know how this issue
could be fixed, as the pertag patch does state that it should work with
nmaster? Besides this small issue, I have not had any other problems with
pertag (e.g. with bstack, movestack).
Thank you in advance for any help.
Novartum