Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Rob <robpilling_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 02:47:44 +0100

On 5 April 2011 17:01, Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> is causing a lot of additional characters to be placed on
> newlines, making actually getting what I want out of it rather difficult.

I've had a pop at tidying it up a bit, I'm not getting as many silly
characters filtered through, would you mind giving it a try with what
you were doing and seeing if it's any better?

> I think it'd work great for longer passages of text, but I'd like something
> aimed at shorter passages or purely URLs.

Honestly, when I have files with urls, say for example a web page full
of links, I just use scripts to extract the links and fire up a
browser/wget or whatever, I think targeting URLs specifically would be
too specific for the behaviour to be included in a terminal, if you get
me. Not that I say what goes and what doesn't with st, but that's my
opinion.

Cheers.