Re: [dev] Why dwm or wmii over xmonad, etc., or not?

From: dtk <d.t.k_AT_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 01:59:18 +0200

Excerpts from Suraj Kurapati's message of Thu Apr 21 21:39:38 +0200 2011:
> Your config seems fine. I don't see any glaring problems in it.
cool. *huge* thanks for looking into this whole thing!!

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:04 AM, dtk <d.t.k_AT_gmx.de> wrote:
> The version that ships with wmii is *ancient*! My config on GitHub
> is much better, having since undergone several bursts of evolution.
cool! looking forward to check it out!

> I recommend upgrading to both wmii-hg and my config on GitHub. :)
>
> I recommend compiling wmii from its source code repository. The
> 3.9.2 stable release in your Linux distro is ancient, IMHO.
\o/ you fixed it!! :D
actually I only built master just yet, so haven't thrown neither your current
config nor my mods at it yet, but so far wireshark runs just nicely :) *yaaay!!*
:D

thanks for the tip! wouldn't have thought that the stable release was that old
(especially since it's advertised on http://wmii.suckless.org/). haven't seen
much yet, but master (is it called like that in mercurial?) looks really nice!
you got a systray thingy and a history in the menu. sweet!

thanks again for your patient support!
thanks alot
dtk