Re: [dev] st patch for draw() etc.

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:12:05 +0200

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius
<svartman95_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> While I believe we need a simple text UIO widget that doesn't
> interpret terminal escapes et cetera, I can't see why the shell should
> even be awere of user keystrokes. Or are you suggesting something like
> rlwrap read | rc?

It's just how it works. The terminal emulator doesn't interpret the
keystrokes, it just writes them (as escape sequence) to the stdin of
the shell. The shell can either ignore them or interpret them
accordingly.
On the other hand, the terminal reads and interprets the shell output
(including escape sequences).