Re: [dev][st] Approach to adding -bg colour option to st

From: David Tweed <david.tweed_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:58:54 +0100

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Ethan Grammatikidis
<eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On 25 Apr 2011, at 11:03 am, David Tweed wrote:
>>
>>  (As
>> background, I currenlty use a hacked aterm which changes the
>> background colour according to the cwd.
>
> Sounds like you want to hack that code into st rather than add options, no?
> I think that's a curious and interesting feature in its own right.

Well, I suspect that that feature would be controversial (maybe it
doesn't count as a suckless feature) for the main distribution. So I
was thinking about making the changes so that colours are standard
variables rather than #defines as part of an options patch. That would
both be a start for me to see if I like st in general, and then make
it easier to have a patch manipulating them to my personal st.

--
cheers, dave tweed__________________________
computer vision reasearcher: david.tweed_AT_gmail.com