Re: [dev] [dwm] devilspie doesn't work

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 09:33:21 +0200

On 6 May 2011 08:28, Jacob Todd <jaketodd422_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> This thread is no longer fun. Take this crap offlist.

I second this.

This thread has become longer than the wmii source code nearly ;)

And it is not really hard to conclude that translucent terminals are
bad for your eyes. After a short phase of being enthusiastic about the
look, you will concentrate on real work hopefully and then it just
feels wrong.

Translucent terminals were used at times to _mislead_ Windows or Mac
people during the 90s because their environment didn't provide such
"feature" (well for a good reason, but that didn't stop the Stockholm
syndrome to develop).

Having said this, I fully understand the metaphor of AIDS in this
respect. The idea of translucent terminals spread like a genital
desease.

But anyhow, nothing too fancy to discuss in such a long thread. I have
more important stuff to do.

Cheers,
Anselm