Re: [dev] Sup and dmc

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 16:28:48 +0200

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> You may like starting to play with sdb.
>
> http://hg.youterm.com/sdb
>
> Its a nosql-like (key-value db) based on cdb, but with a decent api and aiming to provide a memcache network protocol. Its about 1000 LOC atm.
>
> Contribs are welcome

I don't really understand. sdb is essentially a ramfs without folders,
but hidden behind a CLI?

I would either have to run stuff on my server (128MB RAM) or use web
services like gmail which I don't have to pay for.

And memcached seems to me like a complicated nontransparent cache with
tcp/ip interface.

What is all this stuff good for?