Re: [dev] dwm

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 16:01:08 +0100

On 7 May 2011 19:43, David Neu <david_AT_davidneu.com> wrote:
> I've been using dwm for years, it sounds like I haven't been *fully*
> using it, i.e. I haven't been making use of the ability to assign
> multiple tags to a single client.  Can you give me an example how you
> use this?

I normally use tags as though they were workspaces, but tags do come
in useful occasionally. Assigning multiple tags is useful if you want
one window to be permanently in view with each of a pair of windows.
So you can have:
  [ vim, chrome ] [ vim, gdb ]
You can also choose to view two tags at once, so you get all three
windows in view, and basically just mix and match, quick-quick.

Like I say, the standard use is probably viewing each individually,
but as you use dwm's tagging more, and become more accustomed to it,
you really do start to appreciate the distinction. Tags just make the
window manager less restrictive to use.

cls