Re: [dev] Re: sbase

From: Rafa Garcia Gallego <rafael.garcia.gallego_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:25:58 +0200

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:54 AM, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:
> On 05/24/11 19:12, Rafa Garcia Gallego wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Christian Neukirchen
>> <chneukirchen_AT_gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Remotely reminds me of http://code.google.com/p/aoeui/ which also is
>>> pretty lightweight, has UTF8, is binary-safe, and has infinite
>>> undo. ~7KLOC, no curses dependency.
>>
>> This reminds me of my very own sandy[1]. Sorry for the blatant publicity.
>>
>> Ok, mine depends on ncurses, but the again it weights some 1700 SLOC
>> only. The idea of using external tools to process text seems quite
>> suckless to me.
>>
>> [1] http://sandyeditor.sf.net/
>>
> Wow. sandy sources looks great. I managed to reproduce some segfaults and
> I feel not comfortable with a non-hjkl editor. but as long as it's
> configurable in
> the config.h.

Well, I tried to go for an almost modeless editor because I like it
better in theory. But I keep falling back to vi(m) to do serious
edits, even on the sandy code (shame on me!). Maybe I should try
adding two modes to it, see how it plays out.

The default bindings are there to be changed, of course. I imagined
emacs-like bindings (read bash-like too) would be comfy for most
people.

About the segfaults, argh! Could you please point them out to me? Or
maybe patch them yourself if you have the time :)

> What about moving that repo to hg.suckless.org ?

Sure! don't I need a SSH account or something?

Cheers,
Rafa.