Re: [dev] suckless games collection?

From: v4hn <me_AT_v4hn.de>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 00:26:26 +0200

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:01:51AM +0200, pancake wrote:
> I found this chess implementation in obfuscated C. I'm sure than
> cleaning it up
> (deobfuscating it) will make it ready to be in the cathegory of
> "suckless games"
>
> http://nanochess.110mb.com/chess1_es.html
>
> What do you think about creating a 'sgames' project? collecting
> minimalistic simple
> games? I wrote a word guess game few time ago named 'wg' which can be merged
> into this project.

Afair there was such a discussion about a year ago.
Why not, if someone got nice ideas for sl-games...

Deobfuscating might not be that much of a good idea,
the code is meant to confuse so wth should you try to understand it?
Attached is a small (RTFC-readable) chess implementation in 349 LOCs
which supports en passant / castling and promotion.
You might merge it into such a project if you want to,
just send me an email if you do so.

have fun

v4hn