Re: [dev] [dwm] non-ASCII characters in status bar?

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:03:48 +0100

Hey,

On 30 May 2011 20:56, Sir Cyrus <sircyrus_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to have the status bar in dwm show non-ASCII
> characters? Not sure if this is an internal issue or a problem with
> the default Terminus font, but it hasn't worked with any fonts I've
> tried.

I believe your system doesn't have Terminus installed, and dwm is
using the fallback font.

What happens if you set your font to "fixed"? Currently dwm lacks
unicode support when using the fallback font. If this works it is a
known bug and will be fixed once dwm switches over to draw.c. In the
meantime, don't use fallback.

If that still doesn't work, what about the font "*"? (This will be
very ugly to behold.) If this works it probably means your "fixed"
font doesn't have unicode support, which means you need to find a font
which includes guillemets.

If *that* doesn't work it means your locale settings are wrong, which
opens a can of worms.

Thanks,
cls