Re: [dev] [st] Font issues

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:52:53 +0100

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 09:46:46AM -0400, Le Tian wrote:
> Well, when I got tired of urxvt, aterm and xterm, I switched to "terminal"
> and then "sakura", both very lightweight and easy on your fonts, plus
> transparency support. In my opinion "st" seems like not very stable now,
> moreover, it is slow, when comes to lines of code, and btw, I'm not sure
> there are ppl out here who actually use it that much;)

FWIW I use st happily as my daily terminal on my work and
home machines, and have done for a few months now. It is
perfectly stable for daily use.

Transparency was discussed in another thread (summary:
there's a patch, but not many people [myself included] want
it, so it won't go into st proper). As for font issues,
these are all just configuration problems, not problems
with st, as far as I'm aware.

It may be slightly slower than other terminals, but this is
being worked on, and besides it's plenty fast enough for me.