Re: [dev] Suckless Smartphone?

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 20:30:03 +0100

On 6 June 2011 20:18, Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly, when I'm reading a book rather than inspecting its medium,
> the only noticeable difference between my ebook reader and a real book
> is that I don't lose my page when I drop it because I've fallen
> asleep.

E-paper is far better than a generic screen, admittedly, but I find it
less pleasant for some reason. I don't use bookmarks anyway,
remembering page numbers isn't hard. ;)

> With a physical keyboard, I find using SSH on an Android phone
> painless as long as I don't often need Ctrl (which gives vi an
> advantage).

I've not tried a physical-keyboard smartphone. I use an iPhone,
somewhat grudgingly. I used to use an HTC Hero, but my carrier chose
to keep me on Android 1.5 long after 2.1 was available, and I finally
abandoned it when my phone crashed in the night and didn't wake me up
in time for an exam. ;)

Still, I may some day return to Android's shores...

cls