Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 17:34:00 +0200

If you need thumbs use an image viewer. Gqview works quite well for this.

For other file formats i dont see any reason to use thumbnails.

Maybe to easily see the mimetype or file extension more graphically.. Buy if you can sort or glob files like canoe does its much more efficient than having to analyze all the files everytime.

The osx thumbnailing is just as amazing as inception.. You can play media or read pdfs (passing pages) when zooming the thumbnail. Its just unnecesary. But works fast. But certainly. The nextstep filemanager is probably one of thr worst i have ever tried unless you have a multitouch trackpad. So, it sucks even more.