[dev] [dwm] [patch] bugfix in status bar width problem

From: Rudy Matela <rudy_AT_matela.com.br>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 05:45:38 -0400

Hello,

There is a bug in the last version of dwm (verified on 5.8, 5.8.2 and
r1549) regarding the bar width. By reading the BUGS file, I can see
that it may be similar to the bug reported by "voltaic". In my case,
it appears whenever I change the orientation (rotation of the
monitor). For example:

$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --rotate left
$ sleep 2
$ xrandr --output LVDS1 --rotate normal

The bar is like cut off. I can't see the text in my statusbar. By
verifing the code, I saw that "dc.drawable" is not updated correctly
when these rotations happen. So, when changing from 600x800 to
800x600, the dc.drawable keeps the dimension of 600x16 (instead of the
necessary 800x16).

Attached goes a patch (against revision 1549) that resolves a status
bar width problem. It's a quick fix and perhaps the changes I've made
should be relocated inside updategeom() function. Maybe this also
resolves the issue reported by voltaic.

Regards,
Rudy