Re: [dev] Experimental editor

From: Michael Farnbach <noble.oblige_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:54:49 -0700

Just a few points from random things in this thread...

Someone said they want cut and paste to be put to tmux, X, etc...

I don't know that X or tmux have anything more than mark and copy to
clipboard. The rest is handled by the program in them.

Also the modeless second window isn't a bad idea, but I wonder if it is
modeless or not.

A nice feature for such a window would be a key command to go back and forth
from it. While a more easy way to distinguish which mode you are in, it is
no different then what VI does. In fact, VI even gives you the new window to
type the command.