Re: [dev] How to monitor battery status

From: ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:59:31 +0200

On 06-19 22:55, Erik Hahn wrote:
> http://dwm.suckless.org/scripts/simple_monitors

I have done this the /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | shell way for years
and found it to be way more resource intense then calling acpi -b.

Let's face it, the Shell/Perl/Python/whatever scripting is relatively
easy, but very inefficient.

That's why I really like this approach:

On 06-20 10:43, Stefan Mark wrote:
> But i think think this is a better solution:
> http://dwm.suckless.org/dwmstatus/

Unfortunately, this promise is not kept:

> This page will give you a barebone dwmstatus project and show examples
> on how to extend it to your needs.

It'd be cool to have a configurable C program to do what we're currently
all scripting ourselves.

FWIW, my relevant part from .xinitrc: http://pastebin.com/ShQYQri1

--
ilf
Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!