Re: [dev] How to monitor status

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:18:17 +0100

On 21 June 2011 06:07, Kurt Van Dijck <kurt.van.dijck_AT_eia.be> wrote:
> 1. the statusbar is set line by line. an essay that is put on the statusbar
> will give only the last line.

... My point was that you needn't use getline(), which reallocates
buffers to ensure that you can fit the entire line in a single string.
That's entirely unnecessary, because any single line longer than
perhaps a few hundred characters will not *fit*. So just use fgets(),
which is actually portable. Yes, fgets() reads lines too.

> 2.
> xsetroot must be called for each change in status message. My program

I know!

cls