Re: [dev] ideas on suckless file manager

From: Pieter Praet <pieter_AT_praet.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:00:49 +0200

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:13:09 +0100, Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:
> [...]
> I do seem to have less of a problem when there's a color management
> system in the display, but I can't imagine anything more sucky in a
> display than a system to adjust every already-rendered pixel.
> [...]

Color calibration [1] (and frequent recalibration) is mandatory when
doing *anything* graphics-related for production purposes, as the output
of any and every visual output device known to man *will* be distorted,
due to used materials, quality, aging, environmental variables, ...

CRTs aren't exempt from this.

Peace

--
Pieter