Re: [dev] [dwm] sloppy focus

From: Ruben Gonzalez Arnau <rga_AT_sdf.lonestar.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 23:21:24 +0200

> 2. having some kind of indication that you've been addressed (urgent
> hints or whatever).
>
> In other wm's, #2 is often handled by having a little flashing systray
> icon. So, broadening: what (if anything) do dwm users use for
> "notifications" or indicating urgency?

Hello,

I use seturgent tool from Evil_Bob (#suckleess), works very well for me.

http://www.codemadness.nl/downloads/projects/seturgent

For example, to get thunderbird window id:

Window id can be decimal or hex.

$ xwininfo -root -tree | awk '/Inbox.*Mozilla Thunderbird/'
0x2000071

(dwm will show tag as urgent)

$ seturgent 0x2000071

Using an addon for thunderbird like email alerter, shows a urgent tag
when a new mail arrived.

You can also use latest version of suckless lsw to get windows id. It's
very handy for scripting etc.

--
rga_AT_sdf.lonestar.org