Re: [dev] color-scheme

From: matus, <chisel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:39:04 -0700

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:13:53PM +0200, hiro wrote:
> I was in a museum a few days ago and one couldn't read the
> descriptions because of some artist's dumb low-contrast color choice.
> There should be a law against this! You guys are the reason stupid
> choleric persons invented genocides.

I use molokai http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2340
(screenshots at http://winterdom.com/2008/08/molokaiforvim ).
It has some low contrast elements, but most stuff is pretty high
contrast, and I'm one of those people that really like 256 color
terminals; this might be too "angry fruit salad" for some.

(The lowest contrast thing are comments, which I think aids readability.
Unfortunately, by default, quoted text in email is also low contrast.
Anyway, its color contrasts are vastly greater than, say, zenburn's.)