[dev] [surf] tablet-mode

From: Peter John Hartman <peterjohnhartman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:33:55 -0400

Hi everyone,

I recently played with okular, a PDF-reader, and they do one thing Right,
namely, the default mode is what they call Browse mode wherein by dragging
the mouse (or your finger across the screen) it navigates around on the pdf
page. You can, if you want, click a little icon to go into Select mode
which will then translate drags into selection boxes for cut and paste.

This seems like the right thing to do. As it turns out, Chromium has an
add-on called ChromeTouch which implements something like this, and rumor is
there's something similar for Firefox.

So this is more of a feature request for surf (a feature request I might
even implement if I ever get time) and an invitation for chatter
more generally on the topic.

Peter

--
sic dicit magister P
Collaborative Programme in Ancient and Medieval Philosophy