Re: [dev] Futaba Linux

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:59:25 +0000

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis
<eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Looks much less irritating than most distros if you can get on with
> busybox. I'd probably be very happy with it if 9base compiles as I
> hardly bother with posix shell any more. That's assuming I don't put
> native Inferno on any of the toys I'd run this on, anyway. ;)

Posix compatibility is simply a nice thing to have, to be able to run
other's software without rewriting it (although rewriting is always
tempting for NIH reasons). There's no reason to use dash interactively
instead of rc, though.
A network of Inferno boxes is any idealist's dream, of course. But I'm
not quite up for the task of writing my own drivers to get my hardware
working under it.