Re: [dev] Suckless way of checking Nagios?

From: Patrick Haller <201009-suckless_AT_haller.ws>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:08:45 +0800

On 2011-10-16 20:12, Sime Ramov wrote:
> Hello. I need to keep track of one remote Nagios instance output, which
> excludes cnagios[1].

While nagios output can be made "lite" [1], watching system stats all
day does suck.

Is permanently allocating visual space really your best interrupt vector
(and not an sms)? If so, I'd do something stoopid like parse the output
of [1] and for every warning, put up a picture of kitty cat, and for
every critical, put up an angry tiger.

It sounds like w3m and a sed script would work just GRRReat!

Patrick

[1] http://ligers_kick_ass/cgi-bin/nagios3/status.cgi?host=all&type=detail&servicestatustypes=20