Re: [dev] st features that'd be nice

From: Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:51:33 -0400

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> st has no performance issues. The computers are slow, by
> modern standards (900Mhz CPU).

Right, and I have a similar speed and font size (and no issues), yet
users with faster machines experience degraded performance. I'm
wondering if they have significantly more characters (read: orders of
magnitude more) drawn, which would be a good starting point to trace
the problem (unless someone already knows what the problem is).

At work I use a 1600x1200 resolution and also have no performance
issues, but I also am using Xming or VNC and running it on large
expensive machines, so it's not a good comparison.

Recently I have discovered that, independent of the value of $TERM, I
am unable to use ^C or ^\ to kill tail when following a file. I am
required to ^Z, kill %%. However, no other program seems to have this
problem. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

--Andrew Hills