Re: [dev] Linux sucks!

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:29:01 -0400

I watched this last night and raged pretty hard for 45 minutes. The
guy has somevalid points, but proposes absolutely no viable solution
for it. His pointregarding video editors requiring significant
dedicated development time andtheir non-existance for Linux, for
instance, is valid. Asking that distrossupport closed source software
is non-sensical at best and just plain fucking stupid at worst.
He also argues for a "unified package management system". We have this
already in the form of the source code, which just further displays
that he's an end user whining that he shouldn't have to manage his own
system. (He also places the burden of packaging on the developer,
which is just inane in my opinion.)
Honestly, the guy's a moron. He raises a couple of valid complaints
and proposes"solutions" - but his points don't hold enough water and
his solutions aresimply absurd. Not enough real content to justify him
sitting up in front ofusers for 45 minutes and whining about all of
it.