Re: [dev] [dwm] ncol layout

From: Matthew Bauer <mjbauer95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 18:58:21 -0500

On Oct 30, 2011, at 5:49 PM, Jeremy Jackins <jeremyjackins_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

I'm sure someone has thought of this before but it came to me as a
nice way to allow multiple clients in master:

Pretending for a moment that mod+shift+return didn't spawn a terminal
by default, what if we had something like:

- mod+return switches focused window in and out of master, like normal
- mod+shift+return (or whatever keybinding is chosen) does the same
except instead of forcing another window out of master or stack, it
increases/decreases nmaster so that the focused window is added to
master or added to the stack without bumping out another window

Now we are only adding one more keybinding and can put an arbitrary
number of windows in both master and stack, in a way that is intuitive
(to me at least).

Jeremy

But, how would you be able to decrease the nmaster number?