Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:57:08 -0000

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:34:10 -0000, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> Martin Kopta wrote:
>> Proposal: 6. It has useful documentation.
>
> Now bureaucracy begins. What documentation? A manpage should suffice,
> when it reaches 1.0. I think it's already sucking, if a project really
> needs a webbrowser to be opened for the documentation.

There's nothing wrong with HTML documentation per se, and it sure is not
worse than ASCII. Why do you believe roff is better than HTML? Just pipe
the markup through htmlfmt(1) or html2text(1) if you like reading
documentation on terminal emulators. And as long as the markup
is terse, reading marked up text is perfectly acceptable.