Re: [dev] [dmenu] Keyboard Bindings

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 14:40:05 +0100

Hey,

On 20 November 2011 14:29, Bastien Dejean <nihilhill_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Why aren't all the available keyboard bindings documented in the manual?

A lot of them are just standard line editing controls. I don't see any
worth in explaining for the umpteenth time what C-h and C-w do...

> I don't see any word movement bindings.

There aren't any (aside from C-w). I'm considering adding some, but
I've not got round to looking at that yet.

> I discovered, by accident, that the following input 'foo bar' is
> interpreted as the following regex: '.*foo.*bar.*', that's very nice but
> I'm not sure that it is mentioned in the manual.

That's a new feature which isn't present in any previous release. The
manpage alludes to it by saying "... matching the tokens in the
input", but clearly it would be nice to be explicit. This will be done
by our next release, which we plan to be at Christmas (alongside dwm).

Proposed changes are always welcome. ;)

Thanks,
cls