[dev] [dwm] Fullscreen programs in tile mode

From: Manolo Martínez <manolo_AT_austrohungaro.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 10:12:39 +0100

Hello,

In some programs I use frequently, their fullscreen mode is interesting in that
it is stripped down of menu bars, icons and the like. For instance, LyX, a
LaTeX frontend I use sometimes, is like that. This is good if you know your
keybindings: no screen wasted in stuff you don't need. OTOH, it's fullscreen,
and this is not always convenient.

The question is, is there any way to convince a program to deploy its
fullscreen mode inside a window which I can then tile or monocle as I see fit?

Thanks,
Manolo