Re: [dev] dmenu's lsx binary naming conflicts with lrzsz!

From: Roger <rogerx.oss_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:13:15 -0900

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 02:20:22PM +0100, hiro wrote:
>remove minicom

minicom & ckermit are still very useful in today's society. Although not as
useful for Internet connectivity, they're still used for debugging the kernel
and other low-level activities. The most recent from what I hear is working on
embedded Linux projects such as Android devices.

There are other utilities such as picocom and "screen /dev/ttyS0 115200", but
it seems I'm having issues with keybindings from working within an originating
GNU Screen session. (Causing remapping issues, etc.)

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and submitted patches for renaming lsx naming
scheme within the Gentoo distribution. It was an extremely easy fix as lsx
could be renamed to dmenu_lsx along with the lsx manual page, as users are
extremely unlikely to be using dmenu's lsx manually. (Matter of fact, I
believe this fix is already in the latest Portage rsync tree as I type this,
allowing users to finally use minicom & ckermit in tandem of dmenu.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/