Re: [dev] [dwm] mapping wm state, and other stories

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:18:48 +0000

On 1 November 2011 11:11, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I disagree, setting a particular layout implicitly because some random
> window says it is in fullscreen state is not a great idea imho.

By making one client fullscreen we're already effectively doing this.
We're just making the other windows invisible, too. That seems to me
to be even worse.

> I don't understand this. Cycling through any kind of windows is
> monitor specific already, if not we have a bug.

What I mean is, if a window is between monitors, you should be able to
cycle through it on either monitor, its canonical monitor being the
one with the largest area of intersection. At the moment the window is
arbitrarily bound to one of the monitors (you cannot tell which
without focusing it), and can only be cycled through on that monitor.
This is a symptom of the stack-per-monitor approach, which imo is a
design flaw.

Thanks,
cls