Re: [dev] [dwm] 2000 SLOC

From: ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 19:07:18 +0100

On 11-01 10:11, Connor Lane Smith wrote:
> A problem, though, is that it removes hyperlinks.

I consider this a problem as well.

If there was an option to keep links, I'd happily enable it. Also I'd
adjust the new CSS (as in: clear it.

> I wonder if it would be possible to 'crowdsource' readability so we
> can contribute bits of pages to hide, like on Wikipedia we don't care
> about '[edit]', etc... Not sure how we'd go about that, though.

I once envisioned a Plugin to directly go to "Print Views" of websites,
since they tend to have considerably less suck on them. I'm pretty
trained for my standard websites, but still I do: Open Print View,
disbale CSS, and now trigger SimplyRead.

I think we could automate all that and crowd-source the rules for it.

--
ilf
Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!