Re: [dev] Siemens RTL Tiled Window Manager

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:37:00 +0100

On 19 December 2011 18:03, Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:
> I am proud to announce, that we (Paul Onyschuk an I) got the
> Siemens RTL Tiled Window Manager to work on modern systems. It
> was one of the early tiled window managers and has some ideas
> of dwm, but is something different. Just try it out.

I've heared of this window manager in the early days when starting
with wmi development back in 2001 or so.

However when looking at its overcrowded feature set and implementation
I would say it is very far away from sucking less. Despite the fact
that it has some tiling features, it is not simple at all. Looking at
those crappy window flags that one can set and all the corner cases
that those flags result in -- is a retrospective proof in itself why
this concept never gained considerable attraction.

Nevertheless I agree with the first statements Ellis made.

Cheers,
Anselm