Re: [dev] wmii falling out of favor

From: John Matthewman <jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:30:47 +0700

On 1/8/12, Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Someone could implement a stacked mode patch for dwm based on two
> extra windows (similar to the dwm bar) per column -- wouldn't be too
> hard.

I would like a window manager that has wmii's acme-like window
management, but without the 9P filesystem, wmiir, support for
configuration via python, ruby, etc. Trim the fat off of it (or
perhaps it would be better to use dwm as a base to build upon, rather
than trying to deconstruct wmii?)

Now if only I had the Xlib know-how - not to mention the time - to do it..

John