Re: [dev] dwm: bug in fullscreen mode (SDL?)

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:02:13 +0000

Quoth Roman Z.:
> Games work when the screen resolution of the game is the same as the
> resolution in dwm. If the resolution is different, all I get is a black
> screen with the DWM statusbar at the top. Keyboard input is still
> passed to the game though.
>
> Running "wmname LG3D" doesn't change anything about this for me.

Argh, you're right, I'm wrong. The games I tested all had their
resolution set to my screen size, so worked anyway. I didn't realise
this was only an issue when SDL changes the resolution.

Sorry for the misinformation. The wmname trick doesn't work here.

Somebody suitably masochistic should find and fix the offending code
in SDL.