Re: [dev] interested in issue tracker dev

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 19:06:17 +0100

On 12 January 2012 18:34, <aecepoglu_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I might be interested in trying to help write one such suckless issue tracker as requested on the webpage.
>
> I just want to ask;
> What set of features are a must for you?

Oh what a relief someone wants to volunteer on this idea.

One of the most important things of such a tracker is decent mail
integration in my opinion (as most trackers that have evolved in the
OSS space recently suck very much when it comes to mail integration).

One aspect of this tracker could be to start with a proper mail
archiving system and then writing the web stuff on top. This would
allow proper querying. The mail archiving could be based on a
repository storage (hg or git) instead of some poor database based
system.

All the controlling could be done mail based (similarly to mlmmj perhaps).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Anselm