Re: [dev] One Border is Not Enough

From: John Matthewman <jmatthewman_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:46:22 +0700

On 1/15/12, Bastien Dejean <nihilhill_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Florian Limberger:
>
>> This is more likely a problem of your colorscheme, for example my
>> active border is #ff9900, which is very unlikely to be the background
>> color of any window.
>
> No: this is more likely a general design problem as stated in my
> original message. I don't want to choose my active border color based on
> some design flaw and “very unlikely” is not enough.

If "very unlikely" is not enough then "might" (as in, "It might happen
that the background color of the active window is very close to the
color of the active border.") isn't enough either, is it? ;)

If it's that important to you then put together a patch? If you're not
much of a programmer then I'm sure somebody could point you in the
right direction.

Have you considered other options, like making the border thicker or,
as somebody else mentioned, putting a small gap in between windows (I
think there's already a patch for that out there somewhere)?

Cheers,
John