Re: [dev] wmii falling out of favor

From: QUINTIN Guillaume <coincoin169g_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 00:29:17 +0100

Hi,

It was a long time ago. I just loooked at the code.
I think it should work with a few changes. I do not
use these layouts anymore. I first began with wmii,
then dwm. I, of course, missed the wmii ``capabilities"
so I wrote dwmii.c. But, with time, I realized that
moving the windows from column to column with
the keyboard is a waste of time. Also, thinking of
where a given window has to go is a waste of
my little-brain time. So now I use now the tile()
layout of dwm with my patch movie.c and I can
work without thinking of where to put windows.

But if I can help to make dwmii.c work with the
current version of dwm.c and if I have time tell me.

Guillaume Quintin.