[dev] suckless vs. security? - Was: [slock] kill slock with Ctrl+Alt+Multiply

From: ilf <ilf_AT_zeromail.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:40:03 +0100

On 01-22 21:14, Eckehard Berns wrote:
> I don't think it's a good idea to add complexity to a suckless program
> for a _bug_ in X (that is kinda fixed already).

This got me tinking: Is there a place in the suckless philosophy for
security? (However one wants to define that). Small code base can't mean
"insecurity".

I for one, love suckless software, but I want "security" as a basic
feature, too.

I do want more complexity in slock to work around this (or another)
keypad issue. And I want slock to stay on top no matter what other
clients want.

I also really like sic and ii, but without extra code for SSL, I won't
use it.

Has the general problem been discsussed before?

--
ilf
Über 80 Millionen Deutsche benutzen keine Konsole. Klick dich nicht weg!