[dev] I messed up...used glib, dbus, and friends. Need help to fix this mistake

From: Amit Uttamchandani <amit.uttamchandani_AT_my.csun.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:53:11 -0700

Hello,

I messed up bad...I thought by using glib/GIO functionality it would
make it easier for me. However, I realized now that everything is so
much more complicated.

I used glib/GIO/gvfs to do the following:

 1. Mounting USB disks, partitions, and samba shares.
    - Suckless alternative: libc, libmount?
 2. Getting filesystem size, file modification times, etc.
    - Suckless alternative: libc, anything else?
 3. Spawn tasks asynchronously and return the stderr and stdout output.
    - Suckless alternative: libspawn
 4. Dictionary data type to store key value pairs.
    - Suckless alternative: hash table with libc?
 5. String utility
    - Suckless alternative: libporty

Any recommendations on lighter weight libraries I can use to accomplish
the above tasks?

Thanks,
Amit