Re: [dev] [surf] eval() not needed?

From: Roi Martin <nibble.ds_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 22:26:18 +0200

> If this is true, please can you update the page
> http://surf.suckless.org/files/link_hints with how it *should* be
> done? I suspect quite a few people use the keyboard hint
> navigation from that page. I do, and it is somewhat brittle (doesn't
> always fire) - I wonder if this solution fixes that.

Some time ago I did a little refactoring of hints.js to fix some bugs
a clean up the code a bit. I also added the next features:
 - Use the homerow letters for generating the hints, which is much
more comfortable. (In fact, you can use any charset you want editing
the variable "homerow")
 - Use backspace to do corrections while typing.
 - Easier configuration.

Maybe you want to give it a try and if you like it the wiki could be
updated with this code. The new code is here:

http://nibble.develsec.org/get/hints.js

Enjoy :)

Kind regards,
--Nibble