Re: [dev] [dwm] Patch for hor/vert-maximizing floating windows

From: Krister Svanlund <krister.svanlund_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 02:11:08 +0200

Hi, I continued working on the patch and has finally reached a level
where I have managed to include all the features I wanted. Currently
it is way to big for my taste but since it has a few dependencies
between functionalities to work properly that I can't figure out how
to get rid of I would love suggestions on how to split this patch into
separate.

The current functionalities are:
* expand - adds keybindings to toggle maximize in all four directions
for a floating window.
* exresize - adds keybindings to incrementally resize a floating
window around it's center. If the window is within snap distance of
monitor border or center it will resize around that point otherwise it
will resize around the window center. If the window is expanded the
expand is toggled off.
* explace - adds keybindings to place floating windows at monitor
borders or center.

Yours,
Krister Svanlund