Re: [dev] sfeed: a simple RSS and Atom parser and reader

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:37:09 +0100

Quoth Hiltjo Posthuma:
> I would like to announce a simple RSS and Atom parser and reader I've
> been working on.

Awesome, sounds like something I've been wanting for a while. I'll
check it out sometime soon.

WRT XML parsing, I'd be inclined to use a library if you were going
for generic, awful, weird XML (such as for an RSS reader.) There are
lots of weird corner cases. It's a pity RSS caught on, rather than
something easier to parse (like the output format of sfeed, by the
sound of it.) Still, RSS is less bad than HTML, so I use it a lot.