Re: [dev] sfeed: a simple RSS and Atom parser and reader

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:53:19 +0100

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 12:30:57AM +0200, pancake wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2012, at 0:26, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> > Took a quick look, one thing I noticed is that sfeed doesn't output
> > the 'content' tag. I would find that useful. I generally prefer
> > reading articles directly from RSS, so the content is very important
> > to me.
>
> Whats wrong with rss2html? Just to know why sfeed is more interesting for you.

I haven't looked at rss2html yet. But it would be the 'HTML' part.
Ideally I prefer reading things not in a browser. I have a couple of
scripts that open content from articles, removing HTML, using LaTeX
to get a PDF, and reading with mupdf, which is a nicer way of reading
for me. The weak point in the setup is newsbeuter, which is curses,
and therefore a bit evil. sfeed with content support could offer a
dmenu-based solution quite simply.