[dev] libixp questions

From: Sanel Zukan <sanelz_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:56:32 +0200

Hi all,

I'm searching alternative to DBus, as the project itself became quite
polarized and because DBus can't be compiled on platforms without
pthread support, except win32.

libixp looks quite suitable alternative for me; it is small, it is
easy to hack and (hopefully) easy to port on different platforms and
OS-es. However, AFAIK the library is deprecated. Why? I searched
through the mailing list but didn't find any talk related to it.

Also, related to libixp: I noticed threading support, but can it be
made to work asynchronously, e.g. to be integrated with GUI main loop?

And, since you definitely have more experience with it, are there some
obstacles with libixp usage, like security issues, dropped messages
and etc.

Thanks.

PS: if I missed the list, please excuse and would be grateful you can
point me to the right location or person.

Regards,
Sanel