Re: [dev] [ANN] CGD - Ultra-minimalist HTTP and FastCGI wrapper for CGI programs.

From: Uriel <uriel_AT_berlinblue.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:28:00 +0200

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Džen <yvldwt_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the reason behind using nginx anyway? I guess it would be simpler to
> write an own http web server with go's http lib. Or am I wrong?

CGD can act as an HTTP server, but wont handle static files, it will
pass all requests to a single CGI script.

Why people use nginx? Well, same reason people use any web server: the
alternatives also suck and you have to pick one.

I have some plans for a full standalone web server (that can handle
both static and dynamic content) in Go, the libraries are all already
there, but there are some issues like how to best handle
configuration.

Uriel